Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Rain or Snow for Christmas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Guest 's Avatar

    Rain or Snow for Christmas

    From 10 degrees this morning to rain on Christmas Day.
    Local stations say rain and upper 30's to low 40's Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
    Weather channel is saying snow showers?
    Have to say myself the only day i really care to see a little of the white stuff all winter long is on Christmas.
    Guess we will just have to wait and see.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rain or Snow for Christmas

    Weather channel is the one who said it'd snow at 60 a few years ago.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rain or Snow for Christmas

    it could happen. I remember back a few years ago, we were playing a baseball game in the month of April and the snow was falling. Also, back on my second birthday I believe, somwhwere either 87/88....it snowed about 2 feet in April.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member beamer_ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rain or Snow for Christmas

    I take it you've never experienced a day in which the high was reached in the morning or early part of the day and then drop to around freezing soon after, or have at least heard of it? It does happen like steer just mentioned.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rain or Snow for Christmas

    Happened about 1995 or 96 I think. I went to class at CVC in normal warmish weather, no precipitation in the forecast.
    Within half an hour of arriving that morning we had a freak snow/thunderstorm. Schools & businesses shut down. It stranded me in Wise.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member beamer_ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rain or Snow for Christmas

    haha I believe that was same year in which I had to have tubes put in my ears, and on the way back from Big Stone coming through Lee we got stuck in the winding stairs area because someone in front of us was trying to pull over to stop but didn't make it off the road causing us to do the same. Thankfully the person behind us, who we knew, was kind enough to help us out.

    Most of the change isn't as drastic as the ones mentioned early. Usually just warm in the early morning then drops during the day.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Herbie_Husker's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 8th, 2005
    Posts
    259
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rain or Snow for Christmas

    I hope it snows in one way but I have to work that night so I hope we have a snowy Christmas morning.
    Go Huskers!

  8. #8
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Rain or Snow for Christmas

    Me and a friend went into the woods after exams in a morning class when I was in school down Lee County , early 70's - late 60's. We wore short sleeved shirts and didn't walk 45 minutes- we went to my house before lunch and he had to catch the evening bus or walk home. Before we got out of the woods, it was snowing and school was dismissing as fast as the busses showed.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member carolynniece's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2004
    Posts
    66
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rain or Snow for Christmas

    It doesn't seem like Christmas if it doesn't snow, but they say we might see one or two flakes Christmas night. I say we all do a snow dance, it works sometimes. Merry Christmas to you all and Happy New Year.
    football mom

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •